Reach Your Fitness Goals in 5 Steps - Part 3: Short Term Plan (Mesocycle)
This is a 5 Part Series on the Phases of Training and how jumping into the latest, greatest fitness trend can be counterproductive and potentially dangerous.
Over my 30 years in fitness, I can honestly say that the number one goal for participants and training clients is health related with specific focus on body transformation (weight loss). But that’s not to say that there weren’t secondary goals like overall improved fitness or training for function and performance involved for those people but weight loss was always the main reason they were either taking my fitness class or personal training sessions.
It makes sense. We live in the present. We seek out fitness help and advice based on how we are feeling now, so short term planning is a good thing if long term planning (1 year or more) is not an option or a desire of yours.
These three components (health, fitness, performance) are the keys to starting to develop an effective short-term fitness plan. By short term I mean 90 days or more and by effective I mean, safe and will get you results that you can maintain. A short-term program is a good start to building a fitness habit – 21 days to develop a habit, good or bad. A good program will include all three components and optimize them to your personal situation.
Part 3 – Short Term Plan (Mesocycle)
Health – Fitness – Performance
· Functional Movement & Resistance Training Phase – Phase 1 into Phase 2
· Cardiorespiratory Training Phase – Phase 1 into Phase 2
· Functional Movement & Resistance Training Phase – Phase 2 into mid Phase 3
· Cardiorespiratory Training Phase – Phase 2 into beginning of Phase 3
· Functional Movement & Resistance Training Phase – Mid Phase 3 through Phase 4
· Cardiorespiratory Training Phase – Beginning of Phase 3 through Phase 4
Interested in a fitness/wellness consultation, have some questions about your current fitness program in relation to your goals or would like to join any of my groups online (Facebook)? Feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have:).