10 Ways to Celebrate International Women’s Day
International Women's Day 2020 campaign theme is #EachforEqual
An equal world is an enabled world.
Individually, we're all responsible for our own thoughts and actions - all day, every day.
We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women's achievements.
Collectively, each one of us can help create a gender equal world.
Not just for March 8th but anytime, in honor of women throughout the world, here are 10 ways to celebrate how far females have come, and get inspired to work together on all there is left to do.
1. Wear Purple - Purple is the adopted colour of sufferage and rise to power.
2. Make a Playlist that screams girl power.
3. Host a Dinner of international cuisines. A potluck is great and even recipes from cookbooks that give proceeds to female empowerment programs.
4. Participate in an official IWD Event - Visit the campaign’s website to find out more
information or Google your local listings.
5. Make a Donation - Find a worthy cause that speaks to you and make a donation in honor of the work they do for female empowerment.
6. Female Fashion - Rock clothing with empowering feminist messages.
7. Shop and Support women-owned businesses on March 8th. Or even better, shop those companies that give back.
8. Volunteer - Get out there and support women and girls in need. Contact a local women’s shelter to see how you can get involved. Or consider checking out after school programs to mentor our females of the future.
9. Give a Gift to the Special Women in Your Life - Homemade, store bought whatever says thanks if they’ve inspired you or even better give something to inspire them.